30 Questions to Get a Jehovah’s Witness
Resurrection of Jesus
- If Jesus was resurrected as an invisible spirit,
like the Watchtower teaches, why did Jesus say he was going to raise his
physical body from the dead (John 2:19-22)?
- If Jesus, the man, ceased to exist at his death and
was raised from the dead as Michael the Archangel, why did Michael
deceive the apostles into believing that they were witnessing Jesus in
a resurrected physical body (Luke 24:39)?
- If Jesus is now living in heaven as an invisible
spirit creature, like the Watchtower teaches, why did Paul write many
years after the ascension of Christ that he is dwelling in heaven in a
physical body (Colossians 2:9)? Note: The Greek word, somatikos, means
physical, tangible body.
- If Jesus is now Michael the Archangel, why does 1
Timothy 2:5 say that the mediator between God and men is the man, Christ
Jesus, and not the spirit, Michael the Archangel?
- Can you show me a verse in the bible that clearly
says Jesus is the Archangel Michael? How can Jesus be Michael since
Hebrews chapter 1 stresses the superiority of Jesus over the angels and
that all the angels worship him? Why would Jehovah command that the entire
angelic realm worship another angel? Note: The Watchtower bible changes
the word worship, in Hebrews 1:6, to “do obeisance to”. However, see
section below on the New World Translation.
The Watchtower Society
- Since the Watchtower was wrong in the past about
many of its teachings and the light continues to get brighter (Proverbs
4:18), how do you know that the current teachings are correct and won’t
- Why did the Watchtower magazine (Nov 15, 1981, p.
21) say to “come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation” when Jesus never
directed us to an organization for salvation but to him?
- When you joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses, did you
read information for and against the Watchtower so you could make an
educated and well rounded decision based on both points of view?
- Has anyone become a Jehovah’s Witness after reading
the bible alone without the aid of Watchtower material?
- If I were to join the Jehovah’s Witnesses, would it
be okay for me to do research into the Watchtower’s past by reading
- Since the Watchtower was in error many times in the
past, are you obligated to believe that all the current teachings are
- If Jesus’ invisible presence began in 1914, like the
Watchtower teaches, why was the Watchtower teaching in 1929 that Jesus’
invisible presence began in 1874? How did they finally figure out that that
teaching was false? Reference: Prophecy, 1929, p. 65.
- Since the Watchtower claims to be God’s prophet (The
Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197) and have falsely predicted
Armageddon to occur in 1914, 1918, 1925 and 1975, do you think they meet
the criteria of Deuteronomy 18:20-22?
- Can you show me in the bible where it says to give
false prophets a second or third chance to get it right?
- If the Watchtower really is Jehovah’s prophet, like
they claim, can you show me anything they predicted that came to pass?
The New World Translation
- Why did Hebrews 1:6 in the 1970 version of the New
World Translation say, “Let all God’s angels worship him” and not “do
obeisance to him” like the new versions say?
- Why does the New World Translation insert the word
“other” four times into Colossians chapter 1 when it isn’t in the Greek
manuscripts at all? Doesn’t this change the meaning of the text?
- Why does the New World Translation place the comma
in Luke 23:43 in a different location than it does every other time when
Jesus says, “Truly I tell you”?
- Can you show me a list of Greek scholars who approve
of the New World Translation’s New Testament translation?
- Can you show me a list of the people who were on the
New World Translation Committee along with their credentials in the
ancient Biblical languages?
- If the Watchtower’s teaching that the 144,000 were
filled in 1935 is correct, can you explain how Jesus, his apostles and
their immediate followers couldn’t get 144,000 converts in 1800 years, but
the Watchtower got 6 million converts in 125 years?
- Why does the Watchtower teach that only 144,000
people are born-again when 1 John 5:1 says that everyone who believes that
Jesus is the Christ is born of God?
- Why is there only one judgment period from God to
test the endurance and worthiness of the 144,000 before they are
guaranteed of eternal life, but the other sheep have to endure through
this life, the 1000 year millennium plus pass an unknown final test before
they are counted worthy of eternal life? Why is salvation so much easier
for the 144,000?
- If Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not part of the
144,000 with a heavenly hope, why does Jesus say in Matthew 8:11 that they
will be in the kingdom of heaven?
Identity of Jesus
- According to Jesus in John 17:3, how many true Gods
are there? Would you say that whatever is not true is false? Doesn’t the
New World Translation call Jesus “a god” in John 1:1? Since there is only
one true God and all others must be false, is Jesus a true God or a false
- If Jesus was God’s Master Worker in creation, why
does Jehovah say, in Isaiah 44:24, that He created all things by Himself?
- If Jesus is a created being, why does he get twice
as much worship, in Revelation 5:12, as Jehovah gets in Revelation 4:11?
- If Jehovah created Jesus, why does John 1:3 say that
all things came into existence through Jesus and apart from him not even
one thing was made? Doesn’t this place Jesus outside the realm of created
- If everlasting life comes by taking in knowledge
(John 17:3), how long do I have to study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses to
be assured that I have enough knowledge to live forever? 1 year? 5 years?
- If we pay for our personal sins when we die,
like the Watchtower teaches, how will the great crowd who survive
Armageddon pay for their sins since they will never die but go right on
living into the millennium?